Thursday 1 October 2009

Decorex International 2009


Andrew Martin

Well Decorex has been and gone again which to me is always a sign that Autumn is upon us. It always seems to creep up on me as I try to ignore the changing temperature and continue to wear jackets which are far too unsuitable for our late September days. It's now time for chunky knits and winter coats, oh what I'd do for an open fireplace in my little north London apartment... one can but dream!

Back to the reason I am blogging today - Decorex. Yet again I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon at the Royal Hospital Chelsea. The different ways in which designers express their creativity never fails to inspire me. I must say though I did find myself drawn to the more classic styles and fabrics I became fond of during a week of shooting new collections with House & Garden (out this issue). I love Colefax's Greta in raspberry and cream and GP&J Baker's Mereworth in aqua - two very classic English designs suited to charming country living styles.

I particularly enjoyed Andrew Martin's stand with it's retro chic theme. Their pop art scatter cushions and restored vintage furniture was stunning, accompanied by glimmering chrome stage lights it created a fun yet sophisticated living space which really worked.

Although cameras are strictly prohibited at Decorex I have found some images from Andrew Martin's website which demonstrate the fun, fresh ways in which they displayed their new fabric collections.






Andrew Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment