Wednesday 2 March 2011

Spring paint collections

Finally I can share my shoot images with you!!!

I can honestly say I have never planned more! Surrounded in press loans for about two weeks before the shoot day and until a week and a half afterwards... oh to have an assistant. Sketching began shortly after my inspirational blog post, and finished shortly before we started shooting. For me, coming from a writing background where drafts after drafts are the only way to get anything right, I see my sketch book as a culmination of ideas... with the last few becoming the real article.

With very special thanks to Malcolm Menzies who photographed the shoot and completely saw and captured my vision, I give you our Spring paint collections.

With the idea of showcasing different paint groups, I developed situations which took paint as a decorating medium out of context, to add interest and intrigue.

Wooden utensils by Robert Dyas; paints by Farrow & Ball


Laundry sack, linen tablecloth and check napkins by Sally Bourne;
ceramic lovebirds by Borrowed Blue Wedding
; paints by Little Greene


Birdhouse, wooden scoops, metal trug, and garden tools by Garden Trading;
wicker covered glasses, wooden plant labels & pencils, and fingerless gloves by
Hen & Hammock; paints by Farrow & Ball


Wise Men bottles by Channels & paints by Sanderson

I am hopeful these will also be featured by a magazine as an entire collection or as individual images showcasing each paint group, so watch this space for a tear sheet soon...

Happy Spring decorating x

No comments:

Post a Comment